Afi's Public Administrations Consultants division (CAP in Spanish) offers specialised advisory support to the institutions, agencies and companies that make up the Spanish public sector, through a series of services with a well-defined financial approach:
- Advice on funding policy. Technical assistance in defining the conditions and characteristics of banking debt and issues in capital markets. Design of strategies to raise new funding. Policies on communication and presentations to investors. Support for management of the debt portfolio and cash flow. Projections of debt servicing costs and evaluation of possible hedges. Hedge effectiveness tests. Restructuring and renegotiation of the debt portfolio.
- The permanent monitoring service of the public finances of regional governments, with special attention to the Autonomous Communities. Comparative analysis of the main budgetary, management and solvency ratios of the different authorities.
- Design and evaluation of legal and financial structures of investment projects, with the goal of achieving greater efficiency in the management model and the provision of the service. Experience in the development of public-private partnerships to address infrastructure and public services, with the evaluation of the legal, operational, financial, organisational and budgetary aspects.
- Monetisation of assets. Valuation for sales of real estate and other assets. Feasibility analysis and estimate of income in privatisations and concessions.
- Advice on the process of obtaining or reviewing the credit rating of Autonomous Communities and large municipal councils. Experience in more than ten of the Autonomous Communities and municipal councils most active in the issuance of securities, support in the choice of agency and in the preparation of documentation.