Afi advises numerous entities, companies and public bodies on their borrowing and/or refinancing strategies
. The service is comprehensive, covering all aspects of the financing process, such as:
- Diagnosis of the optimal financing structure: equity vs debt.
- Choice of instrument (bank loan, syndicated loan, promissory notes, bonds, convertibles, etc. ).
- Funding tenors.
- Choice of currency, taking into account expected cash flows and potential natural hedges.
- Funding reference rate (interest rate, term, frequency of rollover, etc. ) and estimate on the basis of market conditions.
- Financial risk management.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of hedges and design of effectiveness tests.
This advice, which Afi prepares on the basis of its economic analysis and forecasts of financial variables, includes, in addition to the strategic decision, support in negotiating with the various parties involved, such as financial institutions.
The financing advisory service has around fifty clients, mostly companies, but of different sizes: from small companies to large multinationals listed on the IBEX 35 index.