Afi collaborates with banks and insurance companies in raising capital and strengthening their capital bases, both in the stock market flotation
itself -helping to design the flotation framework and strategy or preparing assessments of the participating entities- and in the search for and discussions with institutional investors
, both Spanish and foreign, who may be interested in acquiring significant shareholdings. Similarly, Afi supports financial institutions in their adaptation to Basel III (or Solvency II for insurers) as well as in the design of strategies for improving the quality of their capital and their solvency management, in their procedures for optimising financial risks or the efficient allocation of capital
, in a manner consistent with the assumption of risks and the generation of value for stakeholders. Support in this adaptation or in the design of these strategies includes:
- The strategic orientation of the institution and its objectification in solvency ratios, risk-adjusted return and risk exposure (risk profile or appetite).
- Programs to strengthen the quality of their capital as well as capital-raising programs.
- The quantification of all the institution's risks, and not only those included in Pillar I.
- Compliance with requirements of a qualitative nature regarding the management and control of risks in the management strategy and evaluation of capital requirements.
- The quantification of shareholders' capital, as well as the consistency between Capital and solvency.
- The alignment of these risks with the capital planning as well as with the strategic planning to meet the institution's solvency objectives.
- The evaluation of the impact on the capital of the economic cycle and, likewise, the effect of other stress factors.
- The action plans for resolving possible deficiencies in solvency management or capital allocation.